Perearst2 / Specialist doctor
The information system PEREARST2 has been established for the family doctors, health centres and other medical establishments for the simplification of the everyday work. As at November 2007 the majority of all Estonian family doctors use PEREARST2 , thanks to whom the continuous feedback and product development of the client support is functioning for enhancing the functionality and user convenience.
The information system facilitates the strenuous work of the doctor, guarantees the timeliness and truthfulness of the data, preserves the data correctly and systematically, enables to obtain the information for reporting easily and guarantees the security of the data.
Perearst2 programme includes:
- Patient registry – enables to enter and correct the personal data of patients and control the security of the health insurance fund.
- Digital health record – enables to enter the data of the patient’s medical history, prepare and enter examinations and procedures, view or complete the pricelists, fill in the forms of laboratory studies, prepare and print out the invoices, certificates for incapacity for work, medical referral letters and health certificates, health examination records, driver’s medical certificate, questionnaire of weapons warehouse, notice of infectious diseases and application of lists. Also electronic ordering of lab analyses and electronic receipt of answers, automatic adding of lab services to the invoices of treatment services in case of electronically sent answers, review of answers of x-rays and x-ray examinations from the databases of TÜ Kliinikum and PERH, following the development of infant, vaccination calendar and entering of vaccinations, prescriptions, lists of medicines and agents and the control of benefits over Internet.
- Register office – enables to register the patients to the appointment of the doctor and register home visits.
- Cash settlements with patients
- Prescriptions – enables to prepare and print out the prescriptions, preferential prescriptions and prescriptions of narcotic medicines, forward these digitally to the pharmacy (digi-prescription).Automatic updating of the list of medicines and control of medicinal benefit.
- Accounting of health services – enables to prepare the invoices of health services of health insurance board and certificates of incapacity for work, carry out settlements with the departments of health insurance fund and other payers.
- Medical statistics – enables to prepare the annual and quarterly reports, reports of diagnoses and pricelist codes. Enables to prepare statistics on prescriptions, patients and vaccinations etc.
- Reporting on the basis of patient registry and invoices for health services.
- Digital reporting with health insurance fund
- Preparation of medical assessment certificate (AEK)
- Information exchange with laboratories (Internet-based ordering of analyses and receipt of answers)
- Interface of family doctor’s own lab equipment (Sysmex) with the programme PEREARST2 (automatic transfer of the analysis results)
- The activities of the family doctor in prevention of diseases, including individual prevention plan.
- Issue of different documents (certificates, notices, medical referral letters etc.
- Medical settlement and communication with health insurance fund, including the full control of invoices of health services according to the requirements of health insurance fund.
The package of the programme Perearst2 also includes:
- Primary programme training at the doctor’s workplace
- Detailed user instruction
Each medical establishment/ family doctor can prepare the personal information system also for itself of the existing subsystems. Each user of the system has the access with the help of the password to use the data and necessary operations.
The following laboratories have currently joined the digital data system of lab analyses MEDIPOST : Quattromed HTI Laborid, Tallinn Diagnostic Centre, Medicum, West Tallinn Central Hospital, Tallinn Children’s Hospital, Tartu City Polyclinic. Tartu University Clinic is currently also joining the system.
The information system works on the personal computers in the operation system WINDOWS XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 20xx. Both 32-bit and 64-bit computers have been supported. The minimum configuration of the computer is: Pentium III or higher, main memory 1 GB or more, 50 GB of hard disk room, Internet connection, Internet Explorer v. 8.0. Browser. Microsoft Sql 2005 or higher database engine and programming language Delphi XE are used. The connection with the server is established by the mediation of TCP/IP-protocol. The same protocol is used in Internet.
PEREARST2/ERIARST information system presumes the existence of support and maintenance contract which guarantees:
- the consultations on workdays 9.00-17.00 on phone 659 5766; proposals, problems and questions arisen are expected to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- if required, the drive of the supporting specialist to the spot
- usage right of the new versions resulting from the changes in the pricelist and legislation
- product development-user convenience and adding of extra possibilities, changes of the new technology and new versions of the programme
- fulfilment of the confidentiality requirement of the delicate data
- Internet-based support