Social Insurance Board SKAIS information system
The users of Social Insurance Board SKAIS information system are all pension boards of the republic, national pension insurance register and Social Insurance Board. SKAIS has 24 subsystems, the biggest of which are:
National pension insurance register
The national pension insurance register collects, keeps and processes the data on the national pensions, supports and benefits to be paid and awarded by the Social Insurance Board.
The national pension insurance register collects, keeps and processes the personalized social tax data and other information which is the basis in awarding and payment of the mentioned pensions, supports and benefits.
The national pension insurance register notifies the pension insured persons through the citizen portal as X-tee service and on paper upon the request of the person.
Since 1999 the national pension insurance register receives data from the Tax and Customs Board and Population Register. The national pension insurance register includes information on about 1.7 million persons.
Awarding and payment of pensions
- The information system enables the monthly payment of pensions to about 400 000 pensioners and making of single payments. The basis for payment of the pension is the decision of awarding, payment restrictions and decisions of withholding from the pension, also the decisions of stopping the payment of pension.
- The system enables to use all payment methods set in law in payment of pensions: payment through postal office, transfer to the bank account and payment in cash or payment card.
Pensions payable on the basis of the international contracts
- The information system awards the pensions according to the international social insurance contracts. So far Estonia has concluded the international contracts for payment of the pension with Lithuania, Latvia, Finland and Ukraine. The subsystem enables to enter and keep the information in the database for awarding the pension. The payment of pensions on the basis of international contracts hereinafter involves the settlement with the banks of foreign countries and payment in foreign currency.
Awarding and payment of family benefits
- The information system enables the awarding of family benefits and monthly or single payment. The subsystem of family benefits is to be adjusted with EU requirements.
Subsystem of parental benefit
The subsystem of parental benefit awards and pays the parental benefits to the parent raising a child. The parental benefit can be applied for through the citizen portal without leaving home (so-called e-application). The size of the parental benefit depends on the salary of the parent. The state also pays the additional funded pension payment calculated by the subsystem to the receiver of the parental benefit. The monthly payment of the parental benefit is made together with the payment of family benefits.
Information system of social benefits
This information system enables the awarding of following social benefits and making of payments:
- Social benefits for the disabled
- Social benefits of the persons having returned to Estonia
- Social tax of the employee with loss of capacity for work
Awarding and payment of other state benefits
This information system enables to award and pay the following state benefits:
- Additional holiday pay;
- Damage benefits;
- Benefits for the repressed;
- Funeral benefit;
- Benefits for the victims of crime;
- Benefit of the winner of the Olympic Games.
Information system for partial cancellation of study loans
The subsystem enables to perform the entering and adjustment of the data needed for deciding upon the partial cancellation of the study loan, calculation of the part of the study loan to be cancelled, making the decision on the determination of cancellation, transfer of the sum subject to cancellation to the credit institution, accounting of over- and underpayments, termination of partial cancellation of the study loan and preparation of various reports and output forms.
Subsystem of victim support
The information system of victim support includes the database of victim support. The aim of the information system of victim support is the guarantee of information for the Social Insurance Board for the fulfilment of the tasks imposed with the Victim Support Act and other acts. The information system collects, keeps and processes the data on the services of victim support rendered by the victim support department of Social Insurance Board, by managing the victim support case records for that purpose.
Information system of benefits for the repressed
The subsystem enables to decide upon the issue of the certificate of the repressed and make a decision on the issue of the certificate. The subsystem enables to compensate the sums paid for the health services, medicines and travel expenses by the repressed and the person equalized with the repressed.
The system enables the processing of data of review reports of the loss of capacity for work or applications for the disabled by the medical assessment committee (initial and repeated disability, age, sex and disease structure).
Information system of rehabilitation service
The subsystem supports the management of applications of rehabilitation service, referral letters, rehabilitation plans and services rendered to the persons and for the compensation of travel expenses of the person and expenses related to the provision of the service to the providers of rehabilitation service. The subsystem also enables the management of the providers of rehabilitation service.